A Christ centred education is a crucial aspect of the continued growth and development of PJGH. The Word of God should always be the focal point for everything that takes place in the body of Christ.
Church education is a continuous process of growth towards understanding and maturity in Jesus Christ, through discipleship. At PJGH we endeavour to develop and provide a comprehensive ministry of Christian nurture and education for our members.
The Apostle Paul wrote in Col. 1:28-29
28We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. 29To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me. (NIV)
Clearly the scripture speaks of three key duties that are paramount for the purpose of Christian education in the church: to warn everyone, to teach everyone, and to present everyone mature in Christ Jesus.
The outcomes of such efforts should therefore be evidenced by:
- A deeper worship and prayer life
- A fuller understanding of what discipleship entails and translated into daily Christian living
- A greater sense of urgency in the area of evangelism
- Attainment of the warm and intimate Christian fellowship amongst believers in the Lord.
The Objectives of Church Education
- To help encourage, equip, and assist the members of the PJGH to grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ as individuals, as families, and as congregations
- To help encourage, equip, and assist the officers and prospective officers of the PJGH for the faithful and effective discharge of their responsibilities
- To help encourage, equip, and assist members of PJGH to reach out to unbelievers and answers God’s command to fulfill the Great Commission.
- To present followers mature or complete in Christ so that everyone who belongs to God may be proficient, equipped for every good work
- Ensuring that members of PJGH are being taught the Word of God in a way that is sound biblically, theologically and hermeneutically.
Methods and Programs
1. Pulpit Ministry
The pulpit ministry remains the church's primary channel of exhorting, teaching and encouraging the saints in the Word. Broadly, for each calendar year, this will include the following:
- An Old Testament book study
- A New Testament book study
- A Doctrinal theme
- The Psalms
- Bible characters
- Contemporary issues addressed from a Christian or Biblical perspective.
2. ACE Programme
The Adult Christian Education programme is a leader-led small class Bible study where members are encouraged to participate on Sunday mornings i.e. after the Breaking of Bread Service and a tea break. This is arranged so that members do not need to come out on another occasion if it were held on a week day. Typically it lasts about an hour and a half.
Church Based Theological Education is a more formal study method initiated by a few like-minded churches including PJGH. It involves lecturers/teachers from well known local Bible Seminaries such as Malaysia Bible Seminary to teach the Scriptures in a more systematic manner. The venue for these teaching sessions will rotate among the organizing churches mainly within the vicinity of Petaling Jaya.